Title of the programme: Computer Science Degree: MSc Duration of the course: 4 semesters Language of tuition: English
Description of the programme:
The aim of the program is to train Information Technology professionals who can perform the development, creation, application, implementation, and operation of IT systems either individually or as a team member at advanced level. Furthermore, it provides the cooperative and modelling skills required to solve and research IT related problems, and ensures solid theoretical background to pursue PhD studies.
The graduates are able to use problem solving techniques in the design and implementation of enterprise resource planning systems; to apply state of the art modelling techniques; and to design, implement, and operate decision support systems.
Main subjects: Graph Theory, Automata and Formal Languages, Application of Linear Programming, Advanced Programming, Advanced Image Processing, Online Algorithms, Machine Learning Algorithms, Advanced Graphics Algorithms, Advanced Approximate and Symbolic Computing, Program Systems Development, Software Development, Logic and Functional Programming, Web Technologies, Nonlinear Programming, Geographic Information Systems, Data Mining, Parallel Programming.
• Application requirements: at least BSc degree in Computer Science or close equivalent, at least B2-intermediate English language knowledge
• Application deadline: 25th June 2018
Application fee: 200 USD (non-refundable) Entrance examination fee: 250 USD (only applicable if entrance examination is required) Tuition fee: 3500 USD per semester
If you wish to pay your fees via bank transfer, please useone of the following bank accounts:
Account name: University of Szeged
Bank name: Hungarian State Treasury (correspondent: Hungarian National Bank, SWIFT code: MANEHUHB)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: When transfering the fees, please, indicate the following number and the type of fee you are paying in the message/comment box: 1901 1S575, Tuition fee / Entrance examination fee / Application fee
All bank expenses have to be paid by the applicant.
List of required documents:
1. Completed and signed application form (printed version of the online application form)
2. Curriculum Vitae in English
3. Letter of interest in English
4. The requested level of English proficiency is B2 (intermediate) according to the Common European Framework Reference (CEFR); the certificate must be an international language exam (e.g.: TELC B2, ECL B2, TOEFL iBT test score of 72, or PBT score 550; Cambridge First Certificate "B"; IELTS score of 5.5 at least)
5. School certificates:
(a) Copy of the BSc degree (for applicants for MSc programmes – notarized English translation)
(b) Official full transcripts of your higher education studies ( notarized English translation)
6. Copy of the passport (relevant page(s) where passport number, name, photo and date of expiry are visible)
7. Recent medical certificate of satisfactory general health status (not older than 1 month).
8. 2 recommendation letters from recognised academic persons
9. An evidence of payment of 200 USD non-refundable application fee
Address for the documents to be posted:
University of Szeged
Faculty of Science and Informatics
1 Aradi vértanúk tere,